Cybernetic Mystics – reading group
Tuesday 23 August 2016 7-9pm
Drawing on thematics from the Kathy Rae Huffman archive, the Cybernetic Mystics reading group begins an open exploration of the unorthodox spirituality of ‘cyberculture’ and some of its associated ideas – technomancy, the technoccult and techgnosis.
The selected readings are intended as an introduction to this broad field for us to explore together.
To receive PDFs of the texts, and to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pickering, Andrew. ‘Cybernetics and Spirituality’ in The Cybernetic Brain. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- Davis, Erik. ‘Introduction: Crossed Wires’, and ‘The Spiritual Cyborg’ in Techgnosis. Berkeley, California: North Atlantic Books, 2015.
Contextual projects and [further] reading:
- Tresiter, Suzanne. ‘HFT The Gardener’. 2014-15. Artwork incl foreward to the publication by Erik Davis, 2016.
- 0rphan Drift. ‘Cyberpositive’ – selections
- Ccru & Simon Reynolds. ‘RENEGADE ACADEMIA‘. 1998/2005
- Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth. ‘Television Magick’ in Thee Psychick Bible: Thee Apocryphal Scriptures ov Genesis Breyer P-Orridge and thee Third Mind of thee Temple ov Psychick Youth. 2006.